As an organic compound, 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride has attracted the attention of many experimentalists, especially for biochemical research. So, do you understand the definition, solubility, uses, and how to store 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride?
In this article, Natural Micron will discuss these issues with you in detail.
Now, let’s get started.
What is 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride?
5-Aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride (5-ALA HCl for short) is an organic compound, a natural amino acid, derived from the derivative of the amino acid glycine. The molecular formula is C5H10NO3Cl, CAS Number: 5451-09-2. It usually appears as a white powder and its water solubility is Soluble in dimethyl sulfoxide, methanol, and water. Solubility in water: H2O: 50 mg/mL.
5-Aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride can not only be used in biochemical research as a chemical but can also be used as a substrate for 5-aminolevonate dehydrogenase.
In addition, 5-ALA HCl is a precursor for the production of porphyrins and is also used to destroy abnormal cells, regulate plant growth, etc. In conclusion, 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride plays an important role in biological processes and has positive effects in medical and agricultural applications.
What are 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride uses?
In addition to its main use as a substrate for 5-aminolevonate dehydrogenase and biochemical research, 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride has a very wide range of uses. The following is the main content:
- 5-Aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride serves as a precursor for tetrapyrrole in the biosynthesis of chlorophyll and heme. Chlorophyll is the most common green pigment in plants and some microorganisms. Its structure contains a tetrapyrrole ring and a long-chain alkyl acid residue. Heme is a biological molecule, also known as hemoglobin pigment. It is an iron-containing protein found in red blood cells that helps red blood cells transport oxygen to various parts of the body.
- 5-Aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride is used as a synthetic precursor unit for certain anti-tumor drug molecules and is used to manufacture anti-tumor drugs (photosensitizer).
- 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride for photodynamic therapy in A431 tumor-bearing mice.
- 5-Aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride (5-ALA HCl) is an intermediate in heme biosynthesis and can be used in cancer treatment.
- 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride is under investigation as an inducing agent for the fluorescence diagnosis of protoporphyrin IX (PPIX)-dependent metastatic lymph nodes.
- 5-ALA HCl is used for photodynamic therapy of diseases such as Paget’s disease and cervical condyloma associated with HPV infection, certain types of cancer precancerous lesions, etc.
- 5-ALA HCl is used in dermatology to treat certain skin conditions, such as actinic keratosis, a precancerous skin disease caused by sun exposure. It is also used for other skin conditions such as acne and psoriasis.
- 5-ALA HCl is used in fluorescence studies to study cellular processes and structures. It can be used to mark specific structures within cells for microscopic examination.
- Fluorescence induced by 5-ALA HCl can be used for imaging purposes, particularly in cancer diagnosis and surgical guidance.
How to store 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride
Regarding the storage of 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride, Natural Micron mainly stores it through the following methods. Mainly for 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride in powder form.
Store at room temperature and pressure, 2-8°C, away from light, in a cool, dry place, sealed. Pay attention to ventilation and moisture-proofing. Avoid the following situations: heating, open flames, and sparks; do not store together with strong acids, alkalis, and oxidants.
In the end
5-Aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride powder will definitely be one of the most popular products in the future, especially its main use for photodynamic treatment of various diseases and even cancer and precancerous lesions.
So, do you need 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride powder? Contact Natural Micron, we offer high-quality, pure 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride powder. At the same time, we provide free samples for your testing and professional technical support, etc.
For detailed information about 5-aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride powder, you can view the page below.